Our story is quite unique & amazing:) Ask us sometime and we'd love to share it with you!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

La Vida Loca!

Life has been a bit crazy the past couple of weeks so I haven't had much time to write. As you can see from my previous post, a friend I grew up with since 2nd grade was killed in a car accident last week and I wanted to be able to help so I spent a lot of time getting in touch with people from our class and school to let them know about the unfortunate death of Justin. The weekend before last mainly consisted of get-togethers/viewing/funeral. It was a very difficult weekend because any time someone loses a loved one, it brings up memories of what it was like when I was in the same position. My heart absolutely breaks for the Jeffries. Losing a parent is one thing...you deep down know that will happen someday, but I've always heard people say "You never expect to bury your child." Please continue to lift them up in prayer. I know nobody likes funerals, but I especially dislike them. I went to my dad's, friend's brother, and my cousin's all within the same year. This time of year is especially hard too because the holidays always bring out those feelings of loss and the fact that my dad isn't here to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with us anymore. Sometimes you don't even realize how much you are still affected by it until something like what happened with Justin occurs. So, all of that to say, I have been quite pre-occupied with that, as well as working, helping at church with the youth group, playing volleyball, and my newest endeavor...volunteering at the Pregnancy Care Center.

Today was my first day of actual training, and I already feel the Lord at work in my heart in the love I have for the girls who walk through the door. I am training to be a receptionist, but at some point will probably train to be a counselor, as well. Nate and I are praying over the opportunity to potentially be hired as part-time staff, but that is all in God's hands right now. They are closing one of their centers because of lack of funds so I am not sure if they'll be hiring any time soon. It is an amazing, Christian based center and it is so encouraging to me that we not only help these girls with the tangible physical needs that they have, but that they also hear about the love that Christ has for them and the hope that they have in Him. I can't wait to see how the Lord chooses to use me there:)

Thanksgiving is coming up on Thursday and it will be the 1st Thanksgiving with Nate so I'm really stoked about that:) I know he is really sad not to be able to spend the holidays with his own family, but I am looking forward to the next time we get to see them.

I haven't posted many pictures lately so I will be sure to include some from my friend's wedding that we went to on the 9th. We also went to the Spurs game with a few friends back on the 11th too so I'll put up some of those pictures. I'll probably throw in some others since I haven't had the time to manage our blog recently.

I'll try and write again after Thanksgiving! Have a blessed Thanksgiving and remember ~ "In everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:18:)



Shannon & Joey's wedding - 11/9/08
Go Spurs Go! (They won) 11/11/08

Zach, Nate & Jeremy being hardcore;)

11/16/08

Rock Band - possibly our new obsession;) 11/21/08

Jill, Lisa & Gina - Jeremy's 24th bday - 11/22/08

No comments: